SAS Alumni Collaborative Fellowship Projects
SAS Alumni Special Interest Group
We are pleased to call for the SAS alumni to participate in the research team fellowship projects. The purpose of the SAS Alumni Collaborative Fellowship Projects is:
· to develop collaboration among the alumni with various research skills
· to investigate the SAS alumni and student issues and challenges and
· to publish and present the project results.
SAS Alumni Collaborative Fellowship Projects are offered in four research topics. While the last topic is open, the goal of these projects it to focus on and elucidate the professional and scholarship experiences and development of doctoral alumni and, the third in specific, the experiences as a doctoral student at UOPX.
· The SAS alumni professional/career development needs/issues/challenges (Mixed methods or Quantitative)
· The SAS alumni scholarly development needs/issues/challenges (Mixed methods or Quantitative)
· The SAS Doctoral student needs, experiences, and issues (Mixed methods or Quantitative study)
· Open topic aligned with the applicant’s research interest (Quantitative, Qualitative, or Mixed methods)
Each SAS Alumni Collaborative Fellowship Project team is comprised of a team leader/fellow and 2 other team members. Fellows will be alumni researchers with a track record of at least 2 peer reviewed publications within the last 5 years who would be willing to mentor and work with other 2 alumni researchers to develop and complete the projects. The team members will enhance their research skills by working closely with a more experienced researcher while the team leaders/fellows will receive the fellowship payment and gain the mentoring experience.
Fellowship amount: $3,000, in four stipends. Each research team must complete the study, present, and publish it. The fellows will be paid upon (a) the study IRB approval, (b) the study presentation at an approved conference, (c) the study manuscript submission to an approved journal, and (d) the study manuscript acceptance for publication in an approved journal.
Application Deadline: Jan 14, 2018
To be considered, please send the following items to EducationalTechnology@Phoenix.edu:
· Your C.V.
· Specify whether you apply for fellow/team leader or team member position. Provide justification for why you are a best suited candidate.
· For fellow/team leader position provide one-page summary of the research prospectus for one of the above 4 topics (i.e., research problem, question(s), method). You may suggest your team members.
· For team member position state your research topic selected from one of the above 4 topics