2018 Knowledge Without Boundaries Annual Research Summit Home
This area is designed as a space to anchor various content related to the 2018 KWB Research Summit. It provides an opportunity to share information and offer a forum where participants and attendees can share updates, stories, and questions. You are encouraged to help promote and build excitement about the symposium by engaging with each other in the comment section below.
The mission of Knowledge Without Boundaries (KWB) to provide opportunities that enable University of Phoenix faculty, students, and alumni, to develop and achieve their professional research and scholarship goals and, through scholarly leadership, improve the performance of the organizations and communities they serve. The annual research symposium is a continuation of this mission and it upholds the intended vision to encourage the formation of communities of scholarship for University Phoenix faculty, students, and alumni.
Our Overarching Objectives:
- To improve the performance of the organizations, communities, and schools our faculty, students, and alumni serve.
- To cultivate and sustain a productive community of scholarship to include the production and dissemination of best instructional practices for reaching and teaching the working adult.
- To enhance the foundational research and proposal development skills necessary for an engaged practitioner/leader/scholar
- To inform and illustrate the preparations necessary for planning, preparing, and producing scholarly work.
- To provide guidance concerning the development of a research agenda as it relates to disciplines of study or fields of inquiry.
- To provide an opportunity to engage in an active community of scholarship.
- To develop strategies for writing for publication.
Please click on the links below to access content.
Save the Date
The research summit conference is scheduled for Tuesday, August 14th to Friday, August 17th, 2018. The conference is virtual this year; no travel is required. This event page will contain information on how to register and how to attend virtually.
Call for Proposals
DEADLINE EXTENDED DUE TO UOPX SYSTEM ISSUES:
The deadline has been extended to Wednesday, June 20th, 2018, 11:59 PM. This is because we believe that new users submitting a proposal may not be able to access the verification email to create an account and thus submit a proposal. Any updated instructions will be posted on the FAQ pages (for example, how to verify your account during system issues, when to submit).
Submit a Proposal
Ready to submit your proposal? Applications are submitted using our UOPX application portal.
- Please submit general questions below in the comment section or to the FAQ page.
- Questions can be related to the call or about attending the symposium.
- A member of OSS will be monitoring this space frequently and will respond to general questions as necessary.
- More specific, individual case type questions regarding the call can be directed via email to OSS@phoenix.edu. In the subject line write your last name and KWBA 2018 proposal. Commonly emailed questions will be below as a resource to all.
KWB Focused News
- News about KWB will be linked here as it develops. Be sure to bookmark this page and check back often for ongoing updates.
KWB Focused Blogs
Blogs will be linked here once they are published. Be sure to bookmark this page and check back often for ongoing updates. A preview of blog topics are listed below:
- Value of Presenting (June 4, 2018)
- Why Online Conferences (June 18, 2018)
- Meet Your KWB Committee (July 9, 2018)
- Creating an Effective Presentation (July 30, 2018)
- Post Event Wrap Up/Reflection
Join the Mailing List
Sign up to receive information about attending, reminders, to stay informed about recent news, recaps, and more! Click here >>.