- Plaintext email only
Bethany K. Mickahail, PhD, FRSA
- Member for
- 7 years 7 months
Dr. Mickahail's current research projects are about Design Thinking, Human Centered and Strategic Design Innovation in business, international business innovation, global social media, collaboration, new leadership, emerging technology and Intercultural communication in the workplace. PDAI research methodology.Read more at the CWDR blog-- http://research.phoenix.edu/blogs/mickahail See an info clip at http://video214.com/play/H91upnY2Ym0BYBG0igUBQQ/s/dark
Some are listed below:
- Mickahail, B, (June 2016), Corporate Implementation of Design Thinking for Innovation and Economic Growth,” presented at UoP Research Without Boundaries Conference, in Phoenix, AZ.
- Mickahail, B. (February 2016) Business and social media: Collaboration as the Sixth discipline at University of Phoenix SF Bay Area Campus, Research and Scholarship Symposium.
- Andrews, K., & Mickahail, B. (September 2015). Business and social media: Collaboration as the Sixth discipline. In J. Sahlin (Ed.). ch. 8 Social media and the transformation of interaction in society. Hershey PA: IGI Global Disseminator of Knowledge (double blind peer-reviewed). DOI: 10.4018/978-1-4666-8556-7.ch008
- Mickahail, B, (August 2015), Corporate Implementation of Design Thinking for Innovation and Economic Growth” a peer reviewed for publication in the Journal of Strategic Innovation and Sustainability (ISSN# 1718-2077). Volume 10(2).
- Andrews, K., & Mickahail, B. (April 2015). Business and social media: Collaboration as the sixth discipline. In J. Sahlin (Ed.). Social media and the transformation of interaction in society. Hershey, PA: IGI Global Disseminator of Knowledge (ISBN13: 9781466685567, peer-reviewed).
- Mickahail, B. & Andrews, K. (2015, February) The Refractive Thinker®: Vol. IX Effective Business Practices in Leadership and Emerging Technologies: eChap 9: Collaborative Innovative Leadership and Emerging Social Media Technologies
- Mickahail, B. & Andrews, K. (2015, February) Capturing the Essence of the Change Process in Educational Policy, Journal of Higher Education Theory and Practice Volume 15(1).
- Mickahail, B, (2015, January), Corporate Implementation of Design Thinking for Innovation and Economic Growth, Presented at 2015 Business Conference, Maui, Hawaii, peer reviewed paper presentation.
- Mickahail, B. (2015, January) Pioneering Innovation: a study of Design Driven Innovation business strategy pioneers. Presented at 2015 International Conference, Maui, Hawaii, peer reviewed paper presentation.
- Mickahail, B. (2015) Capturing the Essence of the Change Process in Design Driven Innovation Pioneers- Peer Reviewed Paper (pending publication)
- Mickahail, B., Andrews, K., Muligore,L. (2017) Capturing the Essence of the Change, The Praxis Documentation and Aesthetic Interpretation (PDAI) Research Model; a student guide to scholarly adventure - Book (pending publication)
- Mickahail, B. (2016). Contributing author,Student Motivation & Disruptive Students. SAGE Encyclopedia of Online Education (Steven L. Danver, editor), Sage Publications/Mesa Verde Publishing peer-reviewed)
- Mickahail, B. (2017) Chapter 8: Diversity in Thinking: Design Thinking: Accessing Diverse Human Perspectives To Solve Problems In The Workplace Diversity and Inclusion in the Global Workplace: Aligning Initiatives with Strategic Business Goals, Palgrave publishing (pending)
In recent years as the global economy recovers from the Great Recession, more and more companies seek to have the uniqueness of product development and subsequent growth that Apple, HP, Google and others embody. The legendary successes of these Design Driven companies demonstrate that their products can replace the outdated products, expand existing markets, and create new opportunities for growth. This has caused many disruptions in companies which are often thwarted in their pursuit of success in the global market. The golden egg of innovation is a prize most valued by the corporate community.
Numerous studies have been conducted on changing corporate culture over the last two decades. However, even as the need for change is recognized, the question arises how strategic decisions are made in order to have transformative alterations in corporate management to promote new innovative products and resources. It is anticipated all levels of these thriving corporations aim to immerse their employees in Design Thinking principles and implementation, for enduring positive change. The quantitative survey research method to be conducted in this project will critically examine the facets of the change process associated with top corporate executives’ implementation of Design Thinking in their companies for new innovations and growth.