Call for Proposal 2017 Review Issue - Journal of Management
CALL FOR PROPOSALS 2017 REVIEW ISSUE
Patrick Wright, Editor, University of South Carolina
The editorial team of the Journal of Management would like to invite authors to submit proposals for the 2017 Review Issue. Articles for the Review Issue tend to be high-impact scholarly surveys of important research literatures. They summarize recent research, provide integrations of management literatures, and highlight important directions for future inquiries. The Review Issue is open to all areas of management, including such disciplines as strategy, entrepreneurship, human resource management, organizational behavior, organizational theory, and research methods.
Proposals should be submitted between June 1, 2015 and July 1, 2015 via the Journal of Management’s online submission portal at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jom (please be sure to select Review Issue as the submission type).
Please note that proposals may not be submitted until June 1, 2015.
Proposals should be double-spaced and include no more than seven pages of text. References, tables, and appendices do not count against this page limit. All proposals will be subject to editorial review. Please do not send complete papers- if you have a draft of your paper, please note that in the proposal.
Submissions will be evaluated with respect to the following criteria and successful proposals tend to speak to these criteria:
- Relevance. The proposed manuscript should thoroughly review a significant and important research area within the organizational sciences.
- Viability. The proposal should represent an achievable project within the tight time constraints required. More detail on the timeline is provided below.
- Scope of Interest. Papers of broad interest to scholars in a variety of specialty areas are greatly preferred.
- Organization and Coherence. The proposal should follow a logical structure, read clearly, and thoroughly represent the available research.
- Insight for Future Work. The proposal should convey important implications for future management scholars.
Due to editorial constraints, it is vital for authors to strictly adhere to the following timeline. We will not be able to consider late submissions. If you have questions, please contact us at JOM@moore.sc.edu<mailto:JOM@moore.sc.edu>.
Relevant dates* are as follows:
- June 1- July 1, 2015: Proposals due to the Journal of Management > online at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jom (please be sure to select Review Issue as the submission type) September 15, 2015: Final decisions on proposals and initial feedback provided to authors invited to submit full papers.
- February 15, 2016: Full draft of paper due to the Journal of Management. April 15, 2016: Feedback to authors on full paper.
- June 15, 2016: Final paper submitted to the Journal of Management.
*Please note that these are basic guidelines, each paper may require different timing and a different number of revisions to make the June 15, 2016 deadline.