11th European Conference on Management Leadership and Governance (ECMLG 2015)
Welcome to the 11th European Conference on Management, Leadership and Governance. This year’s Conference is hosted by the Portuguese Military Academy (Lisbon), and is being held on Military Academy Quarters in Amadora City. Amadora City is near Lisbon and the Conference will take place on one of the newest buildings in military campus.
We extend you a very warm welcome to what will be an excellent conference, in a sunny city with a unique gastronomy tradition. Lisbon is a capital like no other in the world, with so much to offer, in a truly magical setting. We welcome your contributions to the programme and full participation in both the academic and general interest activities being planned for the event.
We look forward to meeting you in Portugal.
Major-General João Vieira Borges, Military Academy, Lisbon, Portugal
Lieutenant-Colonel José Carlos Dias Rouco, Military Academy, Lisbon, Portugal
The Conference offers an opportunity for scholars and practitioners interested in the issues related to Management, Leadership, and Governance to share their thinking and research findings. These fields of study are broadly described as including issues related to the management of the organisations’ resources, the interface between senior management and the formal governance of the organisation. This Conference provides a forum for discussion, collaboration and intellectual exchange for all those interested in any of these fields of research or practice.
The conference committee welcomes contributions on a wide range of topics using a range of scholarly approaches including theoretical and empirical papers employing qualitative, quantitative and critical methods. Action research, case studies and work-in-progress/posters are welcomed approaches. PhD Research, proposals for roundtable discussions, non-academic contributions and product demonstrations based on the main themes are also invited. You can find full details in the submission types document (.pdf format). A prize will be awarded to the best PhD paper and the best Poster
Papers accepted for the conference will be published in the conference proceedings, subject to author registration.
In addition to the main conference topics, the advisory group invites suggestions for mini tracks. If you would be interested in preparing and chairing a mini track, please contact the Conference Director, Sue Nugus. A prize will be awarded for the best Poster and the best PhD paper
Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- Developing strategic leadership capabilities
- Leadership and Entrepreneurship
- The Role of Leadership and Entrepreneurship during Economical Crisis.
- Leadership and Management Styles
- Gender and Leadership
- Leadership for Sustainability
- Leadership and Entrepreneurship
- Public Service Leadership
- IT Leadership
- The conflicts occurring in enterprises, institutions and social organizations – and their solutions.
- Interferences in communication within enterprises
- Leadership in military context
Human Resources Management
- Knowledge Management, Competitions and Motivation Systems versus Companies Development
- Education & Human Development in Management.
- Competitions in Marketing.
- Social Communication in Management
- Project Management
- Ethics in the Workplace, Loyalty and New Values in Marketing.
- Organization Culture.
- Perspectives and directions for professional development
- Law Regulations and Their Influence on Changes of Companies Strategies
- Finance System and Its Influence on Companies Strategies
- Labour Market, Qualification Structure of Work Resources and Culture Conditions of Companies Strategies.
- Marketing in Management.
- Analysis of Market Centers Management.
- Corporate Governance Development and Responsibility
- Regional Experiences in Management
- International Relationship in Management.
- Foundations of Creating, Modification and Changing of Strategies of Companies Development
- Information Systems and Communication Systems in Management.
- Science and Technology, Innovation, Industrial Policy and Creation of Business versus Strategies of Companies Development .
- Logistic Systems in Management.
- Timetabling in Management
- Corporate Governance in Emerging Economies
The closing date for abstract submission is 23 April 2015. The review panel intends to have completed the selection process of abstract submitted before the deadline and by the 30 April 2015 or shortly afterwards, this page will list the abstracts selected for submission as full papers. To protect the integrity of the double-blind peer review process, abstract titles and author details are separated. Titles are listed in no particular order and author names are listed alphabetically by lead author surname.
Full papers are due not later than 11 June 2015. Authors are advised that this is a FINAL date. Earlier submission of the full paper helps us to manage the review process in a timely manner. Earlier submission of the full paper helps us to manage the review process in a timely manner. So if your full paper is ready before 11 June 2015 we would be very happy to receive it; please email it to Julia Hawkins the conference submissions manager. This is of particular importance if you will need a visa to attend the conference.
Please read the style guidelines document and the submission information page. Papers should be submitted as soon as they are ready as .doc or .rtf file attachments by email to the Conference Manager, Julia Hawkins with the paper submission checklist and copyright form, which are available from the download area on the top of the At a Glance page.
You can see an outline programme for the conference on the Programme page.
All submission types require an abstract in the first instance. Abstracts should be a minimum of 300 and no more than 500 words including up to five keywords and keyphrases to be received by 23 April 2015. Please read the online guidelines.
Submissions should be made via the online form. Please ensure that all required fields are completed. Abstracts must include the proposed title for the paper, the full names (first name and surname, not initials); postal addresses and email addresses of all authors and a telephone number for at least one contact author. Please indicate clearly if the contact author is not the lead author and select the appropriate submission track.
Only required for academic submissions to main conference streams once the abstract has been selected and not to be more than 5,000 words including abstract, keywords and references (the Harvard referencing rules need to be followed). Submission date will be no later than 11 June 2015. Papers should be submitted as .doc or .rtf file attachments by email to the Conference Manager, Julia Hawkins with the paper submission checklist and copyright form.
- The selection panel of the conference committee will consider all abstracts received by the submission deadline to ensure that the proposed paper is relevant to the Conference.
- The authors of abstracts that describe a relevant paper will receive a notification of abstract acceptance.
- All full papers will be double-blind reviewed by members of the conference committee to ensure an adequate standard, that the proposed subject of their abstract has been followed, that the paper is of a suitable length, the standard of English is adequate and the paper is appropriately referenced.
- For authors whose first language is not English we request that you have your work proof read prior to submission by a native English speaker (or at least a fluent English speaker). Papers can be rejected due to a poor standard of English.
- Papers that are accepted will be published in the conference proceedings providing at least one author registers and presents the work at the Conference (see the registration section of the conference website for more information about registration).
- Due to the large number of papers expected for this conference, the committee the committee prefers that an author presents only one paper. However, if multiple papers are accepted for presentation, each paper requires a separate registration fee. Author registration and payment must be completed by 9 October 2015.