The College of Doctoral Studies is pleased to announce a new resource dedicated to the success of both current doctoral students and graduates. The CDS Student Coffee Chat (SCC) is a virtual, bi-monthly aimed at fostering student success and student support within doctoral studies.
November and December 2015 Funding Recipients
November and December 2015 Funding Recipients
Excellence in Publishing Awards
- Emmanuel Amadi, Online - Journal of Technology Research, "Electronic Health Record Implementation Success: Lessons learned and best practices"
- Steve Rous, School of Advanced Studies, College of Business, Phoenix - American Journal of Management, "The Balance Scorecard Versus Traditional Measurement System"
- Chip Caine, College of Social Sciences, Utah - Journal of Neuro-Oncology, "CogState computerized memory tests in patients with brain metastases: Secondary endpoint results of NRG Oncology"
- Edilberto Raynes, School of Advanced Studies, Online - Medical Dosimetry, "Relationship between student selection criteria and learning success for medical dosimetry students"
Faculty Honorarium - Publishing
- Montgomery Beyer, School of Business - Sage, "Johnson Lyndon Administration"
Jeanette Landin, College of Humanities and Sciences, Online - McGraw Hill Publishers,
Payroll Accounting in 2016" (ISBN 9781259572197)
- Jolene Oppawsky, College of Social Sciences, Tucson - Annals of Psychotherapy, "Silence is a Counseling Skill"
- Sara Love, College of Social Sciences, Western Washington - "A Student Guide to Book Parenting Yesterday Parenting Today: A Student Guide to Help Youth through the School Years, Teachable Moments, College, Workforce, and Beyond"
- Donna Taliaferro, School of Advanced Studies, Online - International Journal for Human Caring, "Compassion Fatigue and Psychological Capital in Nurses Working in Acute Care Settings"
- Tony Ray (T Ray) Ruffin, School of Business - Handbook of Research on Advancing Health Education through Technology, "Chapter 12: Health Information Technology and Change"
- Randall Thompson, School of Advanced Studies - Instructional Journal of Psychological Studies, "High School Students in Trinidad: Views on HIV/AIDS and Sexual Activity"
- Elizabeth Thompson, School of Advanced Studies - Instructional Journal of Psychological Studies, "High School Students in Trinidad: Views on HIV/AIDS and Sexual Activity"
- Marie Peoples, College of Health Professions, Online - International Journal of Childbirth Educators, "Breastfeeding Tipping Points"
- David Fogarty, School of Business, Online - Journal of Management and Innovation "Lean Six Sigma and Big Data: Continuing to Innovate and Optimize Business"
- Susan Muhr Leister, School of Business, Online - Applied Clinical Research, Clinical Trials & regulatory Affairs, "Managing and responding to FDA Inspections"
Faculty Honorarium - Presentation
- Ed Naser, School of Business - Educating Youth through Employment (EYE) Program, "Lifetime Tips for Personal Finance - How to manage your dollars $$"
- Nikia Johnson, College of Information Systems & Technology - 2015 Global Skillsoft Perspectives, "Integrating Technology and Learning for the Learner"
- Michael Peterson, School of Business, Atlanta - Missouri Valley Economic Association 52nd Annual Meeting, "Entrepreneurial Perspectives on Organizational Culture: Application of a New Leadership Model"
- Katherine Olso, College of Humanities and Sciences, Online - NEeLearn, "Collecting Gragments: New narrative Forms and Interdisciplinary Teaching Approaches"
- Elizabeth Frayne, College of Humanities and Sciences, Southern California - AICHE, "Induction of Microbial Defense Mechanisms Poster on an Experimental Approach to Systematics in All Organisms Including Human Cell Lines"
- Elizabeth Frayne, College of Humanities and Sciences, Southern California - AICHE, "Induction of Microbial Defense Mechanisms: Possible Methods for Identifying Protein Antibiotics in Bacteria"
- Brian Jones, College of Information Systems & Technology, New Mexico - RHT Lunch and Learn, "Code Generation"
- Edward Wirth, School of Business, Online - Data Center World - National Harbor 2015 Conference, "AC and DC Critical Power Supply Monitoring Systems"
- Christina Haugh, College of Education, Central Valley - CAMP Clovis Unified School District Student Thinking in Mathematics, Grades K-1, "Student Thinking in Mathematics"
- Christopher Jordan, College of Humanities and Sciences, Online - Clute Institute, "Restructure the Music Degree: It's Not Just abouit the Music"
- Suman Ghosh, College of Humanities and Sciences, Southern California - Geological Society of American, Annual Conference 2015, "Background Microbial Genomics from Major Groundwater Production Aquifers in Central Los Angeles Basin - A Baseline Study"
- Lee Nordgren, School of Advanced Studies, Online - Marketing Management Association 2015 Fall Educators Conference, "The Elephant in the Room: Do Your Outcomes Match Industry Needs"
- Anne Thurmer, College of Humanities and Sciences, Online - 21st Annual Online Learning Consortium International Conference, "Culture in the Online Classroom: A Framework for Learning"
- Angie Lipschuetz, School of Advanced Studies, Online - 2015 AECT International Convention, "Issues and Instructional Strategies for Designing Successful Online Courses"
- Ramon Benedetto, School of Business - Midwest Academy of Management, "Living Case Study: The Ohio National Guard Discovering the Impact of Collaborative Research on Performance Excellence"
- Ramon Benedetto, School of Business - Qualitative Inquiry, "Midwest Academy of Management
- Keith Suranna, College of Education, South Florida - Broward County Public Schools, Office of Talent Development, "Education Support Professionals and Small Group Instruction"
- Sidney Leite, College of Humanities and Sciences, Oklahoma City - Seminario De Arqueologia Biblica, "Arqueologia Biblica Atualizada (Biblical Archaeology Updated)"