Houston Research and Scholarship Academy (RSA)
To continue the momentum of our successful Houston Research and Scholarship Academy (RSA) in Winder 2016 and the Knowledge Without Boundaries Academy (KWBA) of June 2016 in Houston, you are cordially invited to attend our upcoming Houston Research and Scholarship Academy
Date: March 4, 2017
Time : from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Place: University of Phoenix, Main Westside Learning Center, 11451 Katy Freeway, Houston, TX 77079, Room 101
SPECIAL GUEST PANEL - SCHOOL OF ADVANCED STUDIES (via SKYPE)
Academic Dean: Dr. Mark McCaslin
Research Chair for Learning Analytics: Scott Burrus
Director of Research Communication: Rodney Luster
We want you to be ready to take your next steps towards a great developmental journey inside scholarship. Many of our faculty are already engaged in scholarship as a result of these workshops and some have been publishing for a while now. Faculty who are beginning the research journey have been amazed by the fun and stimulating nature of the process and the feeling of personal/professional accomplishment of publishing solid relevant research. Remember, research has many different forms and styles. Start small with a literature review or analyze existing data sets to draw a new conclusion. Form a team, and work smarter and not harder to achieve publishing goals. We will help with all these steps
You will want to make sure you bring your computers, ideas, and a can-do attitude!
- Mark your calendars for the date/time/location,
- Put the event on your calendar
- Send an email to Dr. Deb Lawton at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confirm your participation early so we know how many Chefs to have at the omelet station, enough fresh croissants, and plenty of oranges for freshly squeezed orange juice - aka donuts, juice from concentrate, and bottled waters :)
- Be ready to come join the fun and be amazed with how rewarding and simple publishing can really be!
Come share your research and thoughts on advancing research and scholarship among University Faculty as well as School of Advanced Studies Students and Alumni
Join a vibrant community of researchers!