How to Add Scholarly Activity to Your Profile
Adding Scholarly Activity to Your Profile
The "Scholarly Activity" content type is accessible only through the "Edit Profile" screen and it allows individual researchers to demonstrate their activities related to scholarship outside of publishing and presenting.
You must be an active affiliate of a Research Center or other group to add Scholarly Activity to your profile though it does not have to be related to activities within the Research Center itself.
To add an item of Scholarly Activity to your profile:
- Log in to the website
- Click your username in the black navigation bar at the top of the page
- Click View Profile
- Click the "Edit" tab
- Under “Professional Experience” scroll down to Scholarly Activity and select "+Create Scholarly Activity"
- A new window will appear.
- Complete all relevant fields. These are marked with a red asterisk (*).
- Click publish and you will automatically return to the Edit Profile page with the new activity added to the list.
- To add multiple activities, click the "Add another item" button and another field will appear. Enter the next activity in the NEW field. Otherwise the previous one will be overwritten and not display on your profile.
- Click "Save" at the bottom of the Edit Profile screen*.
You must click “Save” at the bottom of the Edit profile screen to add the scholarly activity item to your profile before you close the window or navigate away. If you do not, the publication may be saved to the system but will not display on your profile.
If you have difficulty adding a scholarly activity item to your profile, please contact user support at firstname.lastname@example.org