How to Submit or Update a Research Center Project
Submitting and Updating Research Center Projects
The "Research Center Project" content type allows you to submit project ideas for consideration or demonstrate your Research Center's work to date.
You must be an active affiliate of a Research Center to submit a project to a Research Center.
This content type can be used to list completed, current, or shovel-ready projects within your Research Center. This page is publicly visible.
Once entered into the Researh Center, you and the Research Chair are responsible for updating status of projects within the site. Additionally, completed projects can be linked to resulting publications and vice versa.
To Add a Research Center Project to Your Center
- Log in to the website
- Click “Shortcuts” in the black navigation bar at the top of the page
- Click “Add Content”
- Select “Research Center Project”
- The form will open that allows you to add a Research Center Project to your Research Center.
- Complete the Project Name, Purpose and Project Lead / Members sections.
- Optional: Click "Edit Summary" to add a one-sentence summary to be displayed in summary views on the site, add Attachments or Images.
- Select a group affiliation. Even if there is only one listed, you must click on the item to select it.
- For help adding a "Team Lead" and/or project "Members," scroll down for details.
- When complete, scroll down to the "Revision Information" section and change the Moderation State to "Needs Review" Click Publish. Your project will then be entered into a "Needs Review" queue.
- Your Research Center Chair or another content moderator will then approve the content, making it live on the site, or deny and provide feedback for improvement.
Understanding the Research Project Fields
- Project Name: This will be the main title of your project and will be the header once published.
- Purpose: This is where the description of the project is included.
- Edit Summary: This hyperlink reveals a hidden field that allows you to create a brief summary of your project, which will display in certain views. It is optional and you can click the hyperlink again to hide the field at any time.
- Associated Publications: Use this field to type in the title of related Publications that have been added to the site. As you type, a drop-down of Publications will appear and you can select yours from the list.
- Group Affiliation: You will need to select the affiliation(s) you would like this blog entry to be affiliated with. If more than one Research Center is available, please contact email@example.com.
Project Lead: Use this field to type in the system username of the user that serves/served as project lead. As you type, a drop-down with users that have similar spellings will appear and you can select the right usernames from that list. Here is how it should look:
Members: Use this field to type in the system username of the users that have participated or will participate in this project. As you type, a drop-down with users that have similar spellings ill appear and you can select the right usernames from the list. Click ‘Add Another Item’ to add more than one group member. Here is how it should look:
- Attachments: You can use this field to add any forms or other items being referenced in the discussion.
- Image: This image will be included in the final Research Center Project listing. It will be resized to fit the space. Click ‘Browse’ to open the Media Library, where you can then upload an image or find one in the existing library.
How to Publish or Save as Draft
At the bottom of the page, there are three options to choose from, all explained below.
- Publish: You must modify the moderation state to 'Needs Review' if you would like to send to the moderator for review. Once selected, clicking this button submits the entry for moderation by your Research Center’s Chair.
- Save as Draft: Clicking this button saves the draft to the system to be addressed by you, the author, at a later time.
- Cancel: This button returns you to the previous screen and does NOT save any information you’ve added on this page.
How to Edit an Existing Project
Registered Users may use the following steps:
- Log into the website
- Navigate to the Research Center
- Click 'Research Projects'
- Find the project from the list
- Click 'Edit'
- Make any needed updates
- Set moderation status to 'Needs Review'
- Click 'Publish'
To edit an existing one, use the “Find Content” in the top nav and do a search for the peron’s name (first or last only is recommended) with the “Research Center Project" type selected. From here group managers can click edit and make changes.