How to Add New Presentations
Adding Presentations to Your Profile
The "Presentations" content type is accessible only through the "Edit Profile" screen. It allows individual researchers to demonstrate their presenting efforts, including submissions and completed efforts.
You must be an active affiliate of a Research Center or other group to add Presentations to your profile though it does not have to be related to activities within the Research Center itself. It can be featured in the "Featured Publications and Presentations" section of the site at the discretion of your Research Center Chair.
Adding a presentation to your profile follows a similar step-by-step process as adding a publication. To add a pesentation to your profile:
- Log in to the website
- Click your username in the black navigation bar at the top of the page
- Click View Profile
- Click the "Edit" tab
Under “My Presentations” select "+Create Presentation"
- A new window will appear.
- Complete all relevant fields.
- If you do not have a link / URL to your publication, use the link to the publishers website or other relevant information as this is a required field. Learn more
- Click publish and you will automatically return to the Edit Profile page with the new publication added to the list.
To add multiple publications, click the "Add another item" button and another field will appear.
- Click "Save" at the bottom of the Edit Profile screen*.
You must click “Save” at the bottom of the Edit profile screen to add the presentation to your profile before you close the window or navigate away. If you do not, the publication may be saved to the system but will not display on your profile.
If you have difficulty adding a presentation to your profile, please contact user support at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Presentation Title
- Authors / Presenters: Click “Add another item” to add multiple presenters here.
- Presentation Date
- Event or Conference: This is the name of the event.
- Hosting Organization: This is the group or organization who runs the event.
- Attachments: This is optional but you can add a link to your presentation content, or the document itself.
- Presentation Peer Reviewed: If it’s peer-reviewed, note it here.
- Presentation by Invitation: If you were invited by the event organizers and did NOT submit during the call for presentations, note it here.
- Presentation Type: Select one from the drop-down that appears.
- Boyer's Domain (located in the "Related Information" section)
- Associated UOPX Research Project: If your presentation was a product of an official University Research Project, use this field to link it. (located in the "Related Information" section)
- Associated Award: If your presentation has received an award include it here (located in the "Related Information" section)
Review Your Work
This type does not require moderation; clicking publish means it is immediately available on the web. We highly recommend proofreading the finished item before you’ve clicked Publish. To access a Presentation once completed, return to the profile edit screen, find it in the list, and click the 'Edit' link below the item you'd like to update.
Your presentation should summarize your work and direct people to how they can learn more. Do not include personal communications, other internal information related to the presentation, or any information you do not have explicit permission to publically publish.
- Log in to post comments
I did all this. I clicked my research center. The system still won't permit me to add my presentation. It says I have to be a member of a research center which I have been. I never had trouble with this before. I emailed for help.
Hi Lee: The issue here is that you may not yet have been approved for the research center. This can take a few days, depending on the chair's availability. It looks like you were approved already, though. Are you continuing to have difficulties?
OK now. For the record, I joined the center about a year ago.
Hi Lee! Do you still need assistance with completing your profile? If so, please contact us at email@example.com for fastest reply. Thank you!
I have a power point. Should I post here or not. And, if I post my presentation here which is a power point, will speaker notes be included with posting