How to Add Publications to Your User Profile
Adding Publications to Your Profile
The "Publications" content type is accessible only through the "Edit Profile" screen. It allows individual researchers to demonstrate their publishing efforts, including submissions and published materials.
You must be an active affiliate of a Research Center or other group to add Publications to your profile though it does not have to be related to activities within the Research Center itself. It can be featured in the "Featured Publications and Presentations" section of the site at the discretion of your Research Center Chair.
- How to Edit an Existing Publication on Your Profile
- Best Practices for Adding Publications
- Adding Existing Publications to Your Profile
- Adding Publications without a Link to the Publication
To Add Publications to Your Profile
To add a Publication to your profile:
- Log in to the website
- Click your username in the black navigation bar at the top of the page
- Click View Profile
- Click the "Edit" tab
Under “My Publications” select "+Create Publication"
- A new window will appear.
- Complete all relevant fields. Your publication should summarize your work and direct people to how they can learn more. Do not include any information you do not have explicit permission to publically publish.
- If you do not have a link / URL to your publication, use the link to the publishers website or other relevant information as this is a required field. Learn more
- Click publish and you will automatically return to the Edit Profile page with the new publication added to the list.
To add multiple publications, click the "Add another item" button before entering any additional information. Another field will appear. Enter the next publication in the NEW field. Otherwise the previous one will be overwritten and not display on your profile.
- Click "Save" at the bottom of the Edit Profile screen*.
You must click “Save” at the bottom of the Edit profile screen to add the publication to your profile before you close the window or navigate away. If you do not, the publication may be saved to the system but will not display on your profile.
If you have difficulty adding a publication to your profile, please contact user support at firstname.lastname@example.org