How to Add a Forum Topic
Adding a Forum Topic to Your Group
The "Forum Topic" content type allows you to create a post within your Research Center’s forum to prompt discussion on a topic of your choosing. Interested site members can then reply to your topic.
You must be an active affiliate of a Research Center or other group to post a forum topic within it. Additionally, privacy settings limit visibility of the forums to users who are logged into the site.
Your group will be notified automatically when your forum topic is published to the site.
When to Use a Forum Topic
While blog entries can be a great way to begin a discussion thanks to the commenting options, they require a more detailed observation on the part of the author. In contrast, you can post a forum topic with as simple as a link to an article of note and a question to get the conversation started.
To Add Forum Topics to Your Research Center
- Log in to the website
- Click “Shortcuts” in the black navigation bar at the top of the page
- Click “Add Content”
- Select “Forum Topic”
- The form will open that allows you to add a forum topic to your Research Center.
- Optional: Click "Edit Summary" to add a one-sentence summary, add an Image at the top, or provide additional Event Details.
- Select a group affiliation. Even if there is only one listed, you must click on the item to select it.
- Once you have entered the fields (described below) click Publish.
- Your Forum Topic will publish live on the site immediately, so be sure to proofread before submitting.
- Your group will receive immediate notification that a new forum topic is open for discussion.
Forum Topic Fields
Please use the description below to best fill out the Forum Topic page.
- Subject: This will be the main title of your piece and will be the header once published. What is typed here should indicate the intent of the discussion and be engaging, prompting others to click to view and participate.
- Featured Image: This image will be included at the top of the forum topic, to the left. It will be resized to fit the space. Click ‘Browse’ to open the Media Library, where you can then upload an image or find one in the existing library.
- Attachments: You can use this field to add any forms or other items being referenced in the discussion.
- Body: This is where the initial forum topic is described and the intent of the discussion should be made clear.
- Edit Summary: This hyperlink reveals a hidden field that allows you to create a brief summary of your article, which will display in certain views. It is optional and you can click the hyperlink again to hide the field at any time.
- Tags: Tags make your content searchable in the site. Feel free to use existing tags by typing into the field to drop down or create new ones.
- Group Affiliation: You will need to select the affiliation(s) you would like this blog entry to be affiliated with. If more than one Research Center is available, please contact email@example.com.
How to Publish or Save as Draft
At the bottom of the page, there are three options to choose from, all explained below.
- Publish: Clicking this button publishes the topic immediately to your group forum.
- Save as Draft: Clicking this button saves the draft to the system to be addressed by you, the author, at a later time.
- Cancel: This button returns you to the previous screen and does NOT save any information you’ve added on this page.
- Log in to post comments
Dear Scholarly Colleagues,
I hope this e-mail finds you well! Currently, I am in the process of editing a forthcoming publication entitled Multidisciplinary Perspectives on Managerial and Leadership Psychology to be published by IGI Global, an international publisher of progressive academic research. I would like to take this opportunity to cordially invite you to submit your work for consideration in this publication.
I am hopeful that your research interests and expertise in management and or leadership topics fit within the topical areas outlined in the call for proposals, and I am confident that your contribution in the related research areas would make an excellent addition to this publication.
Please visit https://www.igi-global.com/publish/call-for-papers/call-details/4412 for more details regarding this publication and to submit your proposal. You can also find detailed manuscript formatting and submission guidelines at http://www.igi-global.com/publish/contributor-resources/before-you-write/. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Thank you very much for your consideration of this invitation, and I hope to hear from you by December 4, 2019.
Dr. Rick D. Johnson, Editor
Multidisciplinary Perspectives on Managerial and Leadership Psychology
University of Phoenix Faculty and Dissertation Chair
Greetings Fellow Researchers,
It is Irena Bagdady, D. M. again, in the midst of COVID-19 having just discovered that I have to post here asking permission to join a research center and special interest group. It is too late for me to submit a proposal with the topic "Vocational Displacement Of The Diamond Cut And Polish" for the Knowledge Without Boundaries 2020 because I have been busy with the 36 International Geological Congress (IGC) in New Dehli, India postponed twice until August of 2021 because of COVID-19 see link https://www.36igc.org/ . I can send you this power point via email attachment. I went last minute to New Dehli, India as a tourist instead because I got the time off of work.
My Abasyn Journal of Social Sciences was published on July 23, 2020 and the link is: http://ajss.abasyn.edu.pk/volume?volume=13&issue=1 . It differentiates from my Power Point Oral and E-Poster Presentation that I submitted on their website as delegate for the 36IGC. I attended Dr. Kebritchi's dissertation to publication workshop last fall 2019 one time. Abasyn Journal required me to abbreviate and add how I measured results section. Upon resubmission I was published for their July, 2020 issue, one year after my graduation date July 31, 2019 from University of Phoenix, SAS. I did a peer review for the Chronbach's Alpha Reliability Study successfully for Abasyn Journal of Social Sciences.
With the suppression of socialization and rise in unemployment since February, 2020, proposing to try to present in KWB got away from me as I was so busy with the other things and dealing with the pandemic. I just learned of the process for what research center and forum topic now and joining a group. I am requesting to be considered for "Business Ethics Research Center" and if one does not exist, may I ask to create one at this time?
With this said, I am asking if anyone might be interested in letting me join their special interest group for KWB 2021 under "Impact On Globalization" or "Leadership Studies". I would like to add that my doctorate entitled "Senior Jewelry Production Agents Influencing The Kimberley Process: An Exploratory Case Study" camouflages a " Vocational Displacement; Specialized Generic Mangement With Alternatives" study. My key words for "Impact On Globalization" or "Leadership Studies" special interest groups are: sensitivities, ecological validity, globalized big data oversaturation US stabilization, taxonomic funneling and naturalistic environment (business ethics).
Question- Please, if anyone is interested in co-presenting with me for the next Knowledge Without Boundaries 2021 online? Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org by 8/15/20 or let me know in the summit tomorrow yet the last day via chat. Time flies and a year goes by in the blink of an eye.
P.S. A funny story was last year at the KWB seminar, called "Shin Digs", I showed up in person @ Phoenix Student Learning Center, but met everybody somehow. I am the lucky one. Thank you for everything and please let me know.
Irena Bagdady, D. M.