- Plaintext email only
Louise Underdahl, PhD, MPA, MSLS
- Member for
- 6 years 6 months
- Center for Workplace Inclusion and Diversity Research - Generational Research Team - Collaborative research on managing millennials, under direction of Dr. Kimberly Underwood
- Dissertation to Publication Workshop - August - December 2017: Working with Dr. Glenda Vardy Dell, Dr. Michael Bennett, and Dr. Gwen Avington (SAS alumni) to draft journal-appropriate content from dissertation for submission to peer-revewed journals.
- Dissertation to Publication Workshop - January - April 2018
- Dissertation to Publication Workshop - August - December 2018 NOTE: Dr. Mansureh Kebritchi, Chair of the Center for Educational and Instructional Technology Research was recognized in October at the 2018 Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT) International Convention. The workshop received third place in the AECT Crystal Award category from the Division of Distance Learning (DDL) for the Dissertation to Publication workshop < https://research.phoenix.edu/news/research-chair-receive-award-associati... >. The DDL-AECT Crystal Award was designed to recognize innovative and outstanding multimedia-based distance learning courses (online, CD-ROM/DVD or video-based) and distance learning projects (single modules, lessons, workshops, something less than an entire course). The workshop was nominated by Dr. David Proudfoot, a CEITR Senior Research Fellow and reviewer in the workshop. The application included Dr. Mansureh Kebritchi as the workshop developer and a committee of reviewers consisting of: Sandra Nunn, D.M; Louise Underdahl, Ph.D.; Elizabeth Johnston, Ed.D.; David Proudfoot, Ed.D.; Debbie-Ritter-Williams, Ph.D.; Patricia A. D'Urso, Ph.D.; Susan Ferebee, Ph.D.; and Jim Lane, Ed.D.
Experiences of Faculty and Graduates in Interprofessional Programs: A Phenomenological Study - Dr. Glenda Vardy Dell and Dr. Louise Underdahl - abstract submitted for peer review to 2018 AERA Annual Meeting, April 13 – April 17, 2018 in New York City, "The Dreams, Possibilities, and Necessity of Public Education."
Catalyzing Cross-Generational Entrepreneurship to Foster Economic Growth, Employ Youth, and Optimize Retirees’ Experience - Collaborative research with Dr. Ron Leach, Dr. Ron Heuss, Dr. Matt Knight, and Elizabeth Isele, CEO, Global Institute for Experienced Entrepreneurship - Accepted for presentation at March 2018 conference, Washington DC - 6th International Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship 2018 < http://www.academic-conferences.org/conferences/icie/ >
Do Then Learn - Collaborative research with Elizabeth Isele, Dr. Ron Leach, Dr. Matthew Knight, Dr. Ron Heuss, and Dr. Jean Perlman - submitted on May 16, 2018 to the United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship 2019 Annual Conference - http://www.usasbe.org/?page=2019ConferenceHome
- Evidence-Based Entrepreneurship: Mobilizing Interdisciplinary Education Research - Collaborative research with Elizabeth Isele, Dr. Ron Leach, Dr. Matthew Knight, Dr. Ron Heuss, and Dr. Jean Perlman - submitted on June 10, 2018 to the 2019 American Educational Research Association (AERA) Annual Meeting - http://www.aera.net/Events-Meetings/Annual-Meeting
- Partnership with Elizabeth Isele and the Global Institute for Experienced Entrepreneurship (GIEE) < http://experieneurship.com/ > initiated on September 14, 2016 and currently considering project on senior entrepreneurship with The Chatham House: Royal Institute of International Affairs
- Stress Management Techniques Used by Faculty in the Asynchronous Learning Environment - Collaborative research with Dr. Mary Robbins, Dr. Barbara Kennedy, Dr. Holly Sawyer, and Dr. Kelechi Mezu
Best Practices Relating to Student Persistence, Motivation and Retention in Online MBA Programs - Collaborative research with Dr. HilaryJohnson-Lutz, Dr. Jennifer Schneider, and Dr. Sandra Sessoms-Penny
Creating Citizen Explorers from Non-Traditional Sectors to Accelerate U.S. Space Development© - Collaborative research with Dr. Richard Caldarola
Collaborative publication, "Associate Degree Nurses’ Attainment of Work-Based Competencies," submitted to Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, by Dr. LaRee Moody, Dr. Louise Underdahl, and Dr. Ronald Leach
Improving Medical Device Safety and Performance: From Passive Reporting to Active Surveillance and Beyond - Collaborative research with Dr. Francine Nelson. Acceptetd for publication by Management in Healthcare on 9/17/2018
Women Leaders Over 70 - Collaborative research with Dr. Lynne Devnew and Dr. Elizabeth Johnston, submitted on October 31, 2018 to the 2019 International Leadership Association 4th Women and Leadership Conference (June 16-19, 2019), Santa Cruz, CA < http://www.ila-net.org/WLC/WLC19-2/index.html >
Medical device use is expanding exponentially as patients become increasing engaged in sustaining wellness and healthcare regimens. Well designed devices improve compliance, result in better health, and reduce burdens on the medical system. Regulatory agencies and device manufacturers are urged to integrate human factors into medical device design. In this descriptive case study, individual interviews will be conducted with representatives of FDA and device manufacturers to identify obstacles to incorporating error tolerant features in device design. Insights gained may form a foundation to develop a sustainable process for creating error tolerant medical devices.