Dissertation to Publication - Fall 2020 (August to December, 2020)

Please add your questions related to Dissertation to Publication to this forum. 

Betz Arroyo's picture Betz Arroyo | August 9, 2020 12:22 pm MST

Good Afternoon,

Is there a link to join and also a schedule for this workshop?

Betz Arroyo's picture Betz Arroyo | August 9, 2020 12:23 pm MST

Good Afternoon,

Betz Arroyo's picture Betz Arroyo | August 9, 2020 12:23 pm MST

Good Afternoon,

Betz Arroyo's picture Betz Arroyo | August 12, 2020 8:06 pm MST

My apologies. I'm not sure why this has appeared three times. :-(

christinewarian's picture christinewarian | August 26, 2020 8:11 am MST

Where do I find the meeting links and the name of my reviewer?

Christine Warian

Kim Grant Horsey's picture Kim Grant Horsey | September 1, 2020 6:54 pm MST

Good Morning,

I am excited to be a part of this amazing, new journey. As per the requirements, the targeted journals for publishing my work are listed below with a short description and link. My top picks are Ethnography and Frontier in Science.

Journal of Contemporary Ethnography

The Journal of Contemporary Ethnography (JCE) is an international and interdisciplinary forum for research that uses ethnographic methods to examine how people act, interact, and construct meanings and identities in natural settings. These settings include groups, subcultures, organizations, and societies.

JCE brings you relevant material that examines a broad spectrum of social interactions and practices from a variety of academic disciplines including, but not limited to, Sociology, Communications, Criminal Justice, Education, Health Studies, Anthropology, Management, and Marketing.  

https://journals.sagepub.com/description/jce

Ethnography

Ethnography continues to offer a detailed and grounded empirical study of the various changes that are remaking the face of contemporary societies as a result of the sweeping restructuring of economy, society, culture and politics across the globe. As embedded and embodied social inquiry, the craft of ethnography is uniquely poised to fulfill this need and advance our in-depth understanding of these changes.

https://journals.sagepub.com/description/eth

Frontiers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (FSTEM)

The purpose of FSTEM includes the following four aspects: 1)  publish the innovative research in STEM fields, including chemistry, computer and information technology science, engineering, geosciences, life sciences, mathematical sciences, physics and astronomy, social sciences (anthropology, economics, psychology and sociology), and STEM education and learning research; 2) inspire and encourage undergraduates and graduates to work and remain in STEM fields; 3) publicize the research results from the outstanding presentations of the Annual Research Symposia at Universities and Colleges in the United States and other countries; and 4) facilitate the communication and collaboration among the participants of these Symposia. 

https://sites.google.com/a/alasu.edu/fstem/fstem

Regards,

Kym

Mansureh Kebritchi's picture Mansureh Kebritchi | September 9, 2020 3:46 pm MST

Great, please email these target journals to your reviewer so that you can finalize your selection.

Thank you 

jpl821's picture jpl821 | September 3, 2020 7:56 pm MST

Hello this is Emily Stevens very excited to join this group-- 

Mansureh Kebritchi's picture Mansureh Kebritchi | September 9, 2020 3:50 pm MST

great, welcome Emily to our wokshop, I am excited to work with you :-) 

Mansureh Kebritchi's picture Mansureh Kebritchi | September 9, 2020 3:48 pm MST

Hello, we will disscuss accessing Cabell's in our first synchronos session on Sept 9. Also your reviewer may help you.

Thank you   

christinewarian's picture christinewarian | November 28, 2020 5:35 pm MST

I haven't heard from Dr. Lane and I am wondering if he is okay.  I've submitted my paper for review on Monday and I usually hear from him that he has received the document.  I've also sent a follow up email and again I didn't hear from him.

Christine Warian

Additional content will be provided upon request.