Welcome to the home page for the Phoenix Scholar™!
Phoenix Scholar was created to acknowledge the commitment of University of Phoenix faculty, students, and alumni to leading research through evidence-based practice by communicating the results and outcomes of those research projects, and their relationship to learning and scholarship.
Visit this section of the Research Hub quarterly for the latest portable PDF edition of a compilation of the most intriguing research, publication, and presentation accomplishments of the University of Phoenix School of Advanced Studies (SAS) faculty, student, and alumni community. In addition, the content features new pieces and editorials that are relevant to today’s immediate issues. A limited amount print stock issues are available by contacting the editorial department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phoenix Scholar™ is published quarterly, March, June, September, and December by the Office of Scholarship Support in conjunction with the School of Advanced Studies. All rights reserved. The views expressed in articles do not necessarily reflect that of the editorial board or SAS.
Are you a member of the SAS community and want your work featured in the Phoenix Scholar? Please send your unsolicited query letter or completed manuscript to email@example.com. General guidelines for all publication consideration include the following:
Current and Past Editions
- All articles must be submitted in APA style using Microsoft Word. Suggested word count for feature type stories is 1,200 to 1,500. Do not include images inside. Images must be emailed separately. See number 5 below. Articles should include cutlines that are correspondingly numbered to each image. Please, no more than three.
- All prospective authors should also include a brief biography featuring their relationship to the UOPX community.
- Save article name using author last name, underscore, the first three words of the proposed title, underscore, and the six digit date of the preceding publication quarterly deadline, for example: Smith_LeadershipStylesOf_01-15-18. See dates under number 5.
- Articles are only accepted under first rights and should not be under consideration from any other publication nor have been previously published. If accepted all materials are copyrighted by Phoenix Scholar™ under first rights. Once published authors may submit such pieces to other publications of their choice.
- All accompany images must be guaranteed royalty free and be of the highest resolution possible. We suggest a minimum of 8 mega-pixels, but prefer 18. All images must be sent separately, not within the Word document. Email images using the same naming convention of the article, but include the cutline number separated by a hyphen: 1, 2, and 3 at the of the file name. For example, Smith_LeadershipStylesOf_01-15-18-1.
- The editorial deadline for consideration is Jan. 15, April 15, June 15, and Sept. 15, respectively before the next published quarter.
- These guidelines are subject to change at any time.