Center for Educational and Instructional Technology Research (CEITR) collaborates with College of Education (COE) to provide edTPAtrainings for COE faculty members who teach edTPA courses. edTPA is teacher performance assessment system developed by Stanford University and used by teacher preparation programs across the United States to emphasize, measure, and support the skills and knowledge that teachers need from day 1 in the classroom (http://www.edtpa.com/PageView.aspx?f=GEN_AboutEdTPA.html).
The purpose of edTPA training is to provide faculty who teach edTPA courses with the capacity to coach students in the incremental understanding of, and capacity to submit a successful edTPA packet to Pearson for review.
Training format: Blended format; asynchronous materials and synchronous webinars via Collaborate.
Length of training: 3 Days: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
Registration Form: https://forms.gle/uWyejULDEVLNaNAV9
edTPA Training Syllabus
Day 1, Tuesday: Introduction [2-3 hours]
- Demonstrate understanding of edTPA guidelines and policies, using edTPA Guidelines at COE edTPA resources
- Review the handbooks depending on your professional focus and background [Special Education, Early Childhood, Secondary English Language, Elementary Education]
- Learn about how to identify right handbook for students.
- Day 1- Introduction and welcome - For the slides click here - Recorded Presentation: edTPA Training - Introduction and welcome - recording_1
- Meet and Greet - Synchronous session, Live Introduction and Meeting, Questions & Answers; 7-8 pm Pacific Time; https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/ce34f22425d84258bc841912a0807e4b
- Meet and Greet - Recording: edTPA- July 2019- Meet & Greet - recording_1
Day 2, Wednesday: Task 1-2 [2-3 hours]
- Demonstrate basic understanding of edTPA Tasks (1-2): Planning and Instruction: Basic understanding of each task and rubrics per handbooks
- Day 2- Explanation of Task-1- 2- For the slides click here - Recorded presentation: edTPA Training _ Day 2 - recording_1
Day 3, Thursday: Task 3-4 [2-3 hours]
- Demonstrate basic understanding of edTPA Task (3-4): Assessment Commentary and Math assessment and analyzing teaching: Basic understanding of each task and rubrics
- Day 3 - Explanation of Task 3- 4 - For the slides click here - Recorded presentation: edTPA Training - Day 3 - recording_1
Day 3, Thursday: Additional Tips and Soft Skills [1-1:30 hours]
- Discuss and address any additional issues, questions, challenges related to edTPA teaching and learning;
- Explore integration of synchronous communications into asynchronous courses
- How to integrate synchronous communications into the asynchronous courses- Recorded session: edTPA Training - Day 3 - recording_3
- How to use Collaborate, a brief video clip by Dr. Roberts: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t3NDJ9HpBT9DZMXQx9WkToGSjLTd6Lhj/view
Day 3, Thursday: Final Assessment and Feedback/Reflection [25 - 30 minutes]
One week after Day 3: Assignments are graded. Certificates of completion of workshop will be awarded. Successfully completion of the training is a scholarly activity that meets faculty scholarship requirements.
Collaborate Help: Click here to access the Collaborate help site for additional information. Please log in Collaborate with Google Chrome or Firefox browsers.