Center for Educational and Instructional Technology Research (CEITR) collaborates with College of Education (COE) to provide edTPAtrainings for COE faculty members who teach edTPA courses. edTPA is teacher performance assessment system developed by Stanford University and used by teacher preparation programs across the United States to emphasize, measure, and support the skills and knowledge that teachers need from day 1 in the classroom (http://www.edtpa.com/PageView.aspx?f=GEN_AboutEdTPA.html).
The purpose of edTPA training is to provide faculty who teach edTPA courses with the capacity to coach students in the incremental understanding of, and capacity to submit a successful edTPA packet to Pearson for review.
Training format: Blended format; asynchronous materials and synchronous webinars via Collaborate.
Length of training: 3 Days: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
edTPA Training Syllabus
Day 1, Tuesday: Introduction [2-3 hours]
- Demonstrate understanding of edTPA guidelines and policies, using edTPA Guidelines at COE edTPA resources
- Review the handbooks [Special Education, Early Childhood, Secondary English Language, Elementary Education]
- Learn about how to identify right handbook for students.
- Work in teams depending on the handbooks, [Special Education, Early Childhood, Secondary English Language, Elementary Education]
- Introduction and welcome synchronous session via Collaborate (3-4 pm AZ time) [Dr. Mansureh Kebritchi, Dr. Donna Bullock, Dr. David Proudfoot and Dr. Medgar Roberts]
Day 2, Wednesday: Task 1-2 [2-3 hours]
- Demonstrate basic understanding of edTPA Tasks (1-2): Planning and Instruction: Basic understanding of each task and rubrics per handbooks
- Explanation of Task-1- 2, synchronous session via Collaborate (3-4 pm AZ time) [Facilitated by Dr. Donna Bullock]
Day 3, Thursday: Task 3-4 [2-3 hours]
- Demonstrate basic understanding of edTPA Task (3-4): Assessment Commentary and Math assessment and analyzing teaching: Basic understanding of each task and rubrics
- Learn about how to work with check-out sheet/Table that describes the portfolios and how to submit the documents.
- Explanation of Task 3- 4, synchronous session via Collaborate (3-4 pm AZ time) [Facilitated by Dr. Donna Bullock]
Day 3, Thursday: Additional Tips and Soft Skills [1-1:30 hours]
- Discuss and address any additional issues, questions, challenges related to edTPA teaching and learning;
- Explore integration of synchronous communications into asynchronous courses
- How to integrate synchronous communications into the asynchronous courses using Collaborate (4-5 pm AZ time) [Facilitated by Dr. Mansureh Kebritchi, Dr. David Proudfoot, Dr. Medgar Roberts]
Day 3, Thursday: Final Assessment and Feedback/Reflection [45 - 60 minutes]
One week after Day 3: Assignments are graded. Certificates of completion of workshop will be awarded. Successfully completion of the training is a scholarly activity that meets faculty scholarship requirements.