Call for 2019-2020 Fellows
CDS Alumni Collaborative Fellowship Projects
We are pleased to call for CDS alumni to participate in the research team fellowship projects. The purpose of CDS Alumni Collaborative Fellowship Projects is to:
- Develop collaboration among the alumni with various research skills;
- Investigate CDS alumni and student issues and challenges; and
- Publish and present project results in a peer-reviewed venue.
CDS Alumni Collaborative Fellowship Projects are offered in four research topics. While the last topic is open, the goal of these projects is to focus on and elucidate the professional and scholarship experiences and development of doctoral alumni and, the third specifically focuses on experiences as a doctoral student at the University of Phoenix.
- CDS alumni professional/career development needs/issues/challenges (Mixed methods or Quantitative)
- CDS alumni scholarly development needs/issues/challenges (Mixed methods or Quantitative)
- CDS doctoral student needs, experiences, and issues (Mixed methods or Quantitative study)
- Open topic aligned with the applicant’s research interest (Quantitative, Qualitative, or Mixed methods)
Each CDS Alumni Collaborative Fellowship Project team comprises a team leader/fellow and 2 other team members. Fellows will be alumni researchers with a track record of at least 2 peer reviewed publications within the last 5 years who would be willing to mentor and work with other 2 alumni researchers to develop and complete the projects. The team members will enhance their research skills by working closely with a more experienced researcher while the team leaders/fellows will gain mentoring experience. For the next step, teams will seek funding opportunities for their topic and consider proposal submission.
Fellowship Requirements. Each research team must complete the study, present, and publish it. The major project stages include
- IRB approval;
- Presentation at a peer-reviewed conference;
- Manuscript submission to a peer-reviewed journal;
- Manuscript acceptance for publication in a peer-reviewed journal.
Application Deadline: Extended to January 5, 2020
To read the news announcement about the fellows selected to date, click here>>
To be considered, please send the following items to EducationalTechnology@Phoenix.edu:
- Your C.V.
- Specify whether you apply for fellow/team leader or team member position. Provide justification for why you are a best suited candidate.
- For fellow/team leader position provide one-page summary of the research prospectus for one of the above 4 topics (i.e., research problem, question(s), method). You may suggest your team members.
- For team member position state your research topic selected from one of the above 4 topics
Questions? Email: EducationalTechnology@Phoenix.edu