CEITR research teams demonstrated a great presence at 2018 KWB/UOPX summit. Many of the research teams developed their studies within CEITR research labs or special interest groups by integrating the center 5S conceptual model. CEITR researchers presented a total of 31 studies at 2018 KWB summit, 21 studies belonged to a CEITR research lab and 10 studies were individual projects at CEITR. Such a high number of presentations indicate the effectiveness of 5S model used at the research labs and strong dedication, engagement, and collaboration of CEITR researchers. To learn more please visit CEITR Research Labs and Communities. I would like to recognize all the research teams who presented at 2018 KWB as follow.
Ethics in Education Research Lab
1. Crises of Care and Critique: School Leaders and Narratives of Compassion Fatigue – James Lane, Ramona Phillips, Yvonne Hefner, Karyn Hawkins-Scott and Sally Everts.
2. Hurricanes, Schools, and the Ethics of Care and Community – James Lane, Belinda Moses, Sally Evans, Shaquanah Robinson, and
3. The Relationship Between Professional Development and the Use of Web 2.0 Tools – Medgar Roberts and Karen Johnson
4. Faculty Targets of Student Cyberbullying - Debbie Ritter-Williams, Margaret Kroposki,
Marsha Mims-Word, and Candace James-Marrast
5. Narration and Application of Educators’ Experiences with Racism in School Cultures - Paula Alvarez, Marie Smith, Oliver Lawrence, Shanel Harris, and April Lash
6. An Exploratory Phenomenology Study of Educators’ Bullying Experiences in the Workplace - Cheryl Burleigh, Ronda Gregg, and Tammy Cagle.
Critical Thinking Research Lab
7. The Relationship Between Meditation and Critical Thinking - Debbie Ritter-Williams, Lunthita Duthely, and
Augmented Intelligence in Education Research Lab
8. Virtual/Mixed Reality: Next Generational Users of Instructional Tools for K-12 and Higher Education – Dale Crowe and Martin LaPierre.
9. Perceptions of Robotics Emulation of Human Ethics in Educational Settings: A Content Analysis - Barbara Fedock
10. Veterans from Troops to Teachers Program Use Enhanced Technologies in Public Schools – Mary Stout and Dale Crowe
Teaching and Learning with Arts
11. Collaborative research team narratives of design, process, and implementation of a narrative study - Elizabeth Johnston, Andrea Wilson, Marie Navarro, and Marcia Griffiths-Prince
12. Arts based instructional and curricular strategies for working with VR educational applications - Patricia Steele
13. Using Story-Telling and Role Play as a Learning Strategy for Incarcerated Women - Cheryl Burleigh, Nola Veazie, and Elizabeth Johnston.
14. Career Professionals’ Reflections on Exposure to Early Music Training – Rita Hartman, Liston Bailey and Jennifer Calito.
15. School Leaders' Reflective Blogs Inspire Systemic Change: Narrative Inquiry – Rita Hartman, Cheryl Burleigh, James Lane
STEM Research Lab
16. Examining the Influence of Online Science Kits on Student Science Achievements – David Proudfoot and Mansureh Kebritchi.
17. STEM Certification in Georgia Schools – David Proudfoot, Michael Green, Jan Otter, and David Cook.
SAS Alumni Special Interest Group – CEITR Sponsored- All Researchers are SAS Alumni
18. The Intersectionality between Grit and Spirituality as Contributors to Doctoral Success among Professional Doctoral Candidates and Graduates. Lunthita Duthley, Diana Hart, James Rice
19. Acquired Leadership Skills in Online Doctoral Education Programs at the University of Phoenix. Jannifer Calito, Linnel Hickman, Cynthia Knittle
20. Beyond Commencement: Beliefs and Social Choices Impacting the Building of Scholarship. Imani Akin, Shanel Harris, Matasha Murrell Jones
21. Assessing Strategic Thinking Behaviors of Doctor of Management in Organizational Leadership Alumni. Daniel Roberts, Marisela Jimenez, Mensah Nord, Charles Cattermole
22. An Effective Model for Management, Configuration, and Functionality of Dispersed Research Teams – Mansureh Kebritchi
23. Networking the Bay Area: Continuing the Dialog to Promote Scholarship - Cheryl Burleigh
24. Influence of screen time on critical thinking in teens - Elizabeth Young, Margaret Vianna, Thomas Clark, and Karen Fiorillo
25. Who is Learning? Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence in K-12 and Higher Education - Sally Evans
26. Deconstructing Stormbot: A Literature Review regarding the use of telepresence robots in education – Medgar Roberts.
27. Millennial Soldiers Lack Effective Face-to-Face Communication Skills: Delphi Study - Elizabeth Young and Thomas Clark.
28. Can You Reach Career Readiness in a Self-Driving Car? - Helen Schleckser
29. Tips for Integrating Social Media in the Online Classroom - Teri Moore-Hirlinger, Jessica Bogunovich, Stacey Atiyeh and Dalynn Jackson
30. First Responders using Mindfullness Strategies - Elizabeth Young and Scott Drexler.
31. Does Moral Leadership Conflict with Organizational Innovation? – Sandy Nunn and John Avella.